1. Entrants read and understand:
(All the above information is posted on the British Council website.)
- eligibility requirements
- criteria for judging
2. Entrants complete and submit the entry form by email and in signed hard copy by post, by midnight GMT on 30 September 2003. At this stage, entrants submit only the entry form. There is no entry fee for the awards.
3. Entries are checked by the British Council for basic criteria. Entries which do not meet the basic criteria are eliminated. Basic criteria are:
- form completed correctly
- entry received by closing date.
4. Entries are shortlisted by the Innovation Awards Management Committee against the stated criteria to twelve entries shortlisting to be completed by 14 November 2003.
5. Shortlisted entrants (contact person and award nominee) are invited to the Awards Event, and asked to submit supplementary information/samples by 12 December 2003. This may consist of:
Six copies of all supplementary information will be required.
- Products: exams/tests: sample papers/test items; courses: course descriptions, brochures
- Materials: sample materials/coursebooks/websites
- Research: summary of research findings and practical implications
- All areas: user feedback.
Please note: additional copies of supplementary information may be requested; supplementary information will not normally be returned.
6. Three Award winners are selected by Innovation Awards Management Committee by 27 February 2004.
6.1. The Management Committee reserves the right to call on expert/practitioner advice where necessary.
7. The winners are announced at the Awards Event, March 2004.
¹ Shortlisted entries will be promoted through the British Council in 2004-5 through the Prime Minister's Initiative
² Names and addresses of users whose feedback is quoted must be available