image of country name
Learn English in the UK or in your own countryspacerUK courses and qualifications in the UK or in your own countryspacerThe best of British arts, literature and designspacerLibraries, information centres, seminars,  knowledge networks and the information society
Visit our worldwide network of offices and information centresspacerFind our services, departments, libraries, personnel, etc.spacerCountry home page
The British Council home page
Frequently Asked Questions

1. British Council or British High Commission?

The British Council and the British High Commission are independent of each other. For  Information on studying in Britain or on cultural issues you should contact The British Council. The High Commission is the official representative of the British Government and should be contacted on any trade, visa or work permit issues. The telephone number is 00356 23134.

2. Where can I take the IELTS exam?

There is one IELTS centre in Malta: The Chamber of Commerce. You should contact them directly for details.

3. Can you endorse my university certificates?

Yes. We recommend you fix an appointment with Veronica Attard the Projects Officer.

Authentication of certificates:

minimum charge for up to 3 certificates LM 5
each additional certificate LM 1
maximum charge LM 20

4.Can you give me information on travel and accommodation in Britain?

The best place for travel and accommodation information is the British Tourism Authority. Students planning to study in the UK should contact their university.

5.Can I sit an exam for a university or professional Course at the British Council office?

Yes however a written request from a recognised university should be submitted to the Country Director Mr. Ronnie Micallef.

6.Do you have UCAS directories?

Yes you can purchase a USAS directory from the British Council at Lm10.

7. Do I need to pay the International Student fees if I have a British passport?

If you would like to study in the UK, you will be considered an International student unless you have lived in UK for three years prior to the commencement of your studies.

  © British Council. The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational and cultural relations. Registered in England as a Charity.
Our privacy statement